Test of superconducting accelerator magnets in their own horizontal cryostat, cooled by 4.5 K He stream at pressure up to 7 bar (supercritical He), and powered up to 20 kA also in ramped mode.
- Cooling power of 200W plus 500W at shield temperature;
- Alternatively 120 l/h liquefaction capability;
- He gas storage 360 mc (30 mc @12bar)
- SFC 200 kW He compressor (70 g/s flow rate)
- Two quadrants power converter of 20 kA +50/-40V, 3kA/s ramp rate;
- 20kA HTS current leads;
- 20 ton crane, 9 m clearance, in the laboratory
The installation is new (partially commissioned in 2016).
- Its first use is foreseen in 2018 for testing the FAIR SIS100 quadrupole doublets
Technical steps and expertise:
- Construction of magnet interface according the speciﬁc requirements,
- Cool-down of the magnet by means of closed cycle GHe for the measurement run,
- 4 channel QDS system
- 24 ch temperature monitoring for the magnets,
- HV insulation tests, flow tests on the magnets
- NI fast DAQ
Location, contact people and notes:
INFN Sezione di Napoli. Gruppo Collegato di Salerno, Dipartimento di Fisica, Università di Salerno, Via Giovanni Paolo II 132, 84084 Fisciano (Italy)
Dr. Umberto Gambardella; e-mail: email@example.com
Dr. Gerardo Iannone; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The platform can be operated exclusively by INFN manpower.